Our team uses Powershell for system testing and automation. Selenium is a popular testing framework for web applications. It supports many programming languages, except for Powershell. So, we decided to implement our own PowerShell driver for Selenium and share it with you.
PowerShell module provides interface for Selenium WebDriver. It can be used for testing web pages or automation of legacy web applications.
The module allows to perform most operations supported by .NET web driver:
- Start and stop driver, managing open sessions
- Open pages, reading page title or source
- Find one or multiple elements by id, name, css selector or xpath
- Navigate back and forth browser history
- Switch between page frames
- Send clicks or keystrokes, submit forms
- Manage alert popups
Example of use: